The Benefits of Dental Implants
Are you in need of a dental implant?
Before dental implants were developed, dentures and bridges replaced missing teeth. Today, dental implants are the new and improved restorative procedure used. Your dentist at Arlington, VA, Dr. Bruce Hanley, provides this procedure for eligible candidates.
If you're suffering from tooth loss, it's vital to deal with this problem as soon as possible. Tooth loss can lead to the deterioration of your jawbone without the support it needs. Dental implants are vital for providing jawbone with the necessary strength.
Dental Implant Procedure:
- A local anesthetic is applied to the area that will undergo the procedure
- Your Arlington dentist will insert a titanium post into the jawbone. The titanium post acts as the new tooth root and is biocompatible, so there is little worry of tissue rejection
- The doctor will then surgically close the area and allow it to heal for several months, while the process of osseointegration, the titanium post bonds to the rest of the jawbone
- When you return to the dentist's open, he will re-open the area, insert an abutment and place a crown over the abutment that matches the rest of your teeth
Advantages of Dental Implants?
- Implants have a high success rate, more than 95 percent
- They are used to fill a single gap in your teeth, a few gaps, or all of your teeth
- Dental implants look natural and can give you a full, beautiful smile
- You'll be able to bite into and chew your favorite foods
- They don't slip out of place like dentures
- They provide your jawbone with the needed support to avoid facial sagging
If you have questions or concerns, Dr. Bruce Hanley can help you out. Call his office, located at Arlington, VA, at (703) 524-7100. So make an appointment today!